View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
We’re exploring Dropbox integration, but just adding Dropbox to our existing “Import/Export” functionality probably isn’t what people are looking for—at least, I know it’s not what I’m looking for. What I really want is automatic syncing of edited documents, and Dropbox doesn’t make that easier or harder, it’s just another place in the cloud to sync to.

In other words, my priority is to get automatic syncing working (in all our apps), so it works with iDisk, Omni Sync Server, and other WebDAV servers. (And possibly also Dropbox.)
I use DropBox and OmniSync, in different situations. OmniSync is a great service for syncing my OmniFocus clients, so its continued development is importanty to me.
On the iPad I use GoodReader extensively as my work reference and 'Ready Use Locker'. It has the advantage of interfacing well with most iPad Apps and providing 'Links' that can be pasted into other Apps. It also syncs my OmniSync WebDav so all my files are available. On my Mac I mount the OmniSync Server so I have access to my data as well. As and added benefit my iWork docs can also be transferred/accessed on my OmniSync WebDav!

While syncing to DropBox would be great, a first step of syncing (vice upload/download) to OmniSync would be a great step forward for version control!

The current fly in the ointment is the formats that iPad OmniOutliner will accept (I can export simple HTML for transfer to word outlines, but not re-import them).

Love the App and using it extensively:)