View Single Post
Seeing as how I appear to have the dubious distinction of being the most prolific poster here, you could make worse guesses.

Yep, definitely a rule-based response: when someone enters a thread devoted to discussion of popular feature requests for Program X, and starts complaining about documentation and missing features for Program Y, it is likely they have failed to notice they are posting in the wrong forum. It seems to happen more often between forums devoted to different versions of a single program, where the text you might be quoting is at least referring to the same program. I do agree that if you use the New Posts link and don't bother to read the whole line to see which forum a post is in, hilarity can and often does ensue.

Sidestep the substance of your rant? Why would I need to do that? Rant all you like! Your words speak for themselves. The posts from people who just need help setting up their perspectives aren't nearly as entertaining :-)

I'm hard at work on the second chapter, as discussed, but am still awaiting those albino zebra images and the graphs of historical houseboat mooring prices in Amsterdam that you promised me. Without those illustrations, the chapter just doesn't hang together satisfactorily, and i fear we might need to revise your outline.