View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journey View Post
You bring up an excellent point about there being a lot of overlap between four different kinds of apps:

I use Bonsai right now for my GTD-type app, but for the Mac-only users, maybe Omni Outliner would work if implemented well (I am licensed for Omni Outliner but haven't explored it enough yet).
That is my exact issue with OF, the lack of either multiple contexts or tagging or adding columns. I really need to track things not only by project but by whom the task is assigned and of course the context. My solution has been to use Omni Outliner and heavy use of scripts to create "filters" for each option in each column.

For me anyway it works very well.

The discussion of future version is interesting, I would love to see OO evolve into more of a semi-structured database with strong applescript support. Something lighter than Filemaker, but more powerful than a spreadsheet (I think most people use a spreadsheet for a database as much as a for numbers).

I'm sure this would have the writers guild users of OO turning over complaining but its just a thought.

George