View Single Post
Thankyou very much, each of you, for your offer of help. :)

I am still a little surprised that Omniweb behaves like this. Camino 1.0.2, for example, does not. Downloading the file rhythmbox.vi.po from one of the same Gnome status pages I listed, gets me rhythmbox.vi.po.txt via Omniweb and rythmbox.vi.po via Camino. Does Camino not use Webkit?

Also, the "Download to..." contextual menu item in Omniweb, which downloads the file to the selected download folder for that site, also adds the "txt" extension to .po files. I've been using this command all the time, since I download individual files so often.

If this were happening on a minority of translation servers, I would take Handcam's suggestion and ask them to reset the MIME type. However, it happens on all the translation servers. That sounds more like a weakness in OW/Webkit than in the widely varying server software used.

In any case, I shall enjoy creating the Automator action. I haven't spent any time with Automator, since I found early on that the first few things I wanted to do weren't supported, but more applications probably have Automator actions now. I'll look into it again. :)