View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoad View Post
OF is excellent in so many respects, but after months using it, in beta and since, this is one of the two lacks that just get more and more frustrating. The other is the inability to assign tasks to more than one context. Both are matters that have led to long threads on the forum. Lengthy use has only confirmed to me the pressing need for both.
Just to offer a differing perspective, I've also been using OmniFocus for many months, but I don't particularly miss either of these features (time visualization or multiple contexts). That's not to say they wouldn't be fine additions to an already excellent application, but rather that I don't think they're glaring omissions.

I'm certainly not a GTD zealot, but in following true GTD-style, I use very few due dates. So time visualization would probably offer me little.

As for multiple contexts, I've encounter a small number of situations where it would have been useful. But I've generally been satisfied with the simplicity of just choosing the single, most appropriate context and then displaying multiple contexts in Context mode to broaden my scope.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in v1.5 and v2.0. Maybe these features will be added and I'll look back and wonder how I ever managed to get along without them. ;-)