View Single Post
Just checking in to say my OF on iPhone is working MUCH better as of the latest versions.

usage environment: thousands of tasks, using a 3-way sync over wi-fi; iphone and macbook air syncing to an imac.

things I do to keep it fast:
1. restart the phone (shut down soft and restart)
2. archive items out of my main OF doc
3. in the event of some hairy sync problem or iphone OF app crash during sync because I slept the phone during a sync or some such: I delete the iphone database and resync from the mac.

once the huge dbase is synced to the phone, it usually syncs any new items:
1. quickly (a couple minutes, tops),
2. frequently (I see it sync every few minutes, so I only manually sync the phone if I know I'm leaving the app, and want items to sync back to the master)
3. reliably (with daily usage, I'll only have the iphone app crash hard enough to lose RECENTLY ENTERED data (one or two tasks) 2 or 3 times per month)

Losing data is a bad thing, of course, but it's a very infrequent problem, and if it happens, I can usually just remember the edit I recently performed, and re-enter it on phone, mac, or paper 'til I'm back up.

Loving the software at this point (recently put over 100 items in the inbox; they synced smoothly to the phone).

Good luck with your issues (I'm not using WebDAV sync at this time, so my experience may not be relevant to yours)

Last edited by steven; 2008-12-27 at 04:09 PM..