View Single Post
I can't seem to get this Perspective to set up the way it is in the video. I have studied up on Perspectives, read a lot of posts on the web, but I can't create a Perspective that works for me. Maybe someone would be so kind as to provide some assistance.

Let me lay out what I am trying to accomplish, but first an aside. I set up some contexts but I don't find them that useful for what "normal" GTD tells you they are for - the tool, condition, place, person, or frame of mind needed to work on the task. They just don't apply to me. It might be better to use contexts as prioritization, as I think that is what the author of the video is doing.

Also, I understand it may not be possible to do EXACTLY what I want to do, but just a reasonable approximation thereof. Maybe someone has a perspective that is very close to this and it will work.

I want to construct a "Do Today" view that I will always have open on the right side of my monitor. It will be the list of things I work on throughout the day.

I want it to include anything that is "Due Soon" and "Flagged". So that seems pretty straightforward, there is a selection for that.

I want to sort things by prioritization.

First would come things that are repeating tasks (I have daily, weekly, biweekly, and monthly). These are things to get out of the way so I can get on with real work. So I would give these some sort of Context that would appear at the top of the Perspective (I would sort by context).

Second, flagged items. They could be mixed in the above. That would be fine.

Third, anything with a due date, sorted by prioritization (which I think I would set up in the context).

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.