View Single Post
I've read posts now on a desire for prioritization and a this desire to have OF connect tasks to blocks of time in your calendar, across to your iPhone/PDA and throughout one's life, I suppose. What happened to the WEEKLY REVIEW. Remember DA's admonition that no organization can do all your thinking for you. I think he said something like, "You can't push a button at 9:43 AM and have your organizer tell you 'Call Fred'." When it comes right down to it, deciding what to do at any particular moment is an intuitive judgment based on circumstances at that time. No personal management system can nor should try to take all factors into account. This is what the weekly review is for, to keep yourself refreshed week-to-week in the landscape of one's life. So, knowing the priority of something derives out of that complexity, not some number/letter assignment in OF. And knowing to do your Math assignment on Monday evening or Tuesday morning derives more from a weekly review in which you see that you have that the assignment due Tuesday than from any feature automatically blocking out 7-9 pm on Monday evening for you. Now, according to strict GTD, you could put a note on your calendar to do the Math assignment on Monday, but that would mean (again, according to strict GTD) that it had a fairly high priority and HAD to be done that day. It is my opinion, and only my OPINION, that GTD as DA defines it handles nearly every situation perfectly well as it is, if you truly do GTD throughout your system. Hybridizing one's system is usually not necessary if one is truly following GTD methodology.