View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizon View Post

Thank you. This is exactly what I'm looking for; however, one problem: I'm new with MACs and weak with Applescript (but strong with Fortran, PERL, and C++), so I'm very willing to learn.
We won't be making any use of the FORTRAN, you can answer any questions I have in the future about the other two and we'll call it even :-)

A personal pet peeve of mine, totally irrational, no argument -- please call it a Mac, not a MAC.

Quote:

I do not have an "OmniOutliner Scripts" folder in "Applications." The OmniOutliner program is the only thing in Applications.
Okay, the tutorial written by RobTrew over in the OF forum will do the right thing if you simply read "OmniOutliner Pro" wherever it says "OmniFocus". However, I'm stuck waiting here, so I'll spell it out for you.

In the top-level Applications folder, there should be a folder called AppleScript, and in it there is the AppleScript Utility application. Launch that, and make sure the "Show Script Menu in menu bar" box is checked. Now launch OmniOutliner Pro, and while OmniOutliner Pro is the foremost application (it should say OmniOutliner Pro in the menu bar at the left), select that AppleScript menu (it will look like a fancy S or perhaps a scroll depending on your imagination) and choose Open Scripts Folder and Open OmniOutliner Pro Folder. This will create the folder in the right place for you, including any other folders needed to create the hierarchy.
Quote:
As I understand, I can create an "OmniOutliner Scripts" folder in the Applications folder. There I put the script you have written and call it anything I want. From there OmniOutliner will know it's there? How to invoke it so the Customize Toolbar knows it is there?
Do as outlined above and you'll have a folder called ~/Library/Scripts/Applications/OmniOutliner Pro where you can deposit scripts intended for use by OmniOutliner Pro, or you can write your own there with the Script Editor (or AppleScript Editor as it is called in Snow Leopard). With the script I provided as text instead of a downloadable script file, you would open up the Script Editor, paste in the text from my post, and save it as "Days past due" (or whatever) in that folder. To add it to your toolbar in OOP, do View->Customize Toolbar... or View->Create Document-specific Toolbar to build a custom toolbar for the current document. Now it's just a matter of dragging icons around to arrange the toolbar you want.

Try it out, give a shout if it still doesn't work...