View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyDave View Post
I was reading this thread:

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=18411

And it got me to wondering, how often do y'all do your reviews? Mr. Allen advocates doing a weekly review of all your projects. However, OmniFocus has the ability to set a different review cycle for each project which lends itself to more frequent but smaller reviews. Reviewing a subset of projects each day seems less daunting, but it lacks the satisfaction of the high-level view you get from looking over all your projects at once.

So, do you review every day but only those projects that are due? Do you only review once a week? Something else?

As for myself, I'm still getting started with OF and am trying to get my processes figured out. I read a blog entry somewhere about using a "treading water" method with OF that includes daily project reviews. I've been trying that out, but I do find that the vast majority of my projects come due for review on the same day since I set them all to a 1 week cycle. I'm not sure I'm going to stick with that plan anyway. I haven't yet implemented a review that includes looking over the someday/maybe list.
Great thread to start.

For myself, I do a WR once a week. I admit I don't really use the review feature in OF, but always do a WR when a week has passed...which is in itself a project in OF. I'll occasionally scan my inbox for things in case something may blow up...but I consider that a good thing when I scan cause it means i'm focused on an important project.

Understand that GTD & OF is a personally road to walk. I fiddle and mend my system all the time; seeing what works and what doesn't.

Currently w/ my active projects I have all in 2 folders, a "Big Rocks" & "Little Rocks" folders, where less than 5 projects rest under the Big Rocks pane and the rest go in the Little Rocks section. Again, i'm only fiddling w/ my system seeing what works for me.

I read an articles linked by another OF forum poster here stating that its always been to deal w/ the Big Rocks first, allowing the littler rocks to fall in more easily later, if need be.

I only implemented this a week ago and admit it's worked...but then again it probably only worked cause these Big Rocks were ready to Blow Up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I try to review at least once a week, but sometimes do so more frequently if things are really hectic...

Aside from scanning the inbox, I'll go through my system to make sure the overall system is still intact.

I've fallen off the wagon numerous times and there is no worse feeling.

It's a preventive measure for me now.

-

More so, as each week passes by i'm noticing i'm never seeing an empty action list which is good.

Forever now i've felt that the NA's will never end; but that's good considering there's quite a bit I want to accomplish...

...even though with each weekly review more and more projects are being created.

Way to go Me!