View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by maysjp View Post
Thanks Brian. Could you tell me how to make at least the projects hide then re-appear?
I'm not Brian, but my name starts with the same letter, so I'll give it a shot :-)

Probably the easiest approach here would be to have a project that repeats yearly, with a start date set to some date in 2009 when you want the new project to appear on your radar. From the standpoint of having a project already all but completed, what I would do is

1) select the current project, bring up the inspector, and set a start date for the date you want to start working on it, except with 2008 as the year. This date will presumably be in the past.

2) using the inspector, set the repeat interval for the project to 1 year, from the assignment date (not the completion date).

3) now go and mark the current project complete, and the future one will be added (set the sidebar selector in the view bar to Pending projects to easily look for it).

To handle the folder, you have to do a bit of fooling around, because there isn't support for making folders disappear and reappear automatically, only manually (by setting them to dropped). How I would handle this is to create a single action in some other project or single-action list that reminds you to take those folders out of the dropped state, with a start date (and a due date, because you'll want to make sure this happens) just before the earliest start date of any of the contained projects. So, if you do your reviews starting in October, maybe the reminder starts in the last week of September (so you have a bit of forward visibility for the extra work showing up on your plate, as if you're going to somehow forget about having to do a bunch of performance reviews!) Then when you've finished those reviews for 2009, you'll mark the review projects as complete (generating the new projects for the 2010 reviews) and set the folder back to dropped. The reminder action ought to repeat yearly, too!