View Single Post
Hi all,

I'm here on my iPad but wondering generally what your practices are for entering the following NA on any platform. What I'm thinking about is the scenario where there might not be enough info/material to plan ahead more than 1 NA, but once you've completed the first one, you now know enough to enter the next. This sounds pretty confusing so here's an example:

Task 1 - waiting for reply on email to X regarding advice on Y. (context: @waiting for reply, project: Y).

Once this task is completed (I.e. I've heard back from X), I have enough new information to come up with:

Task 2 - email Z regarding Y (context: @email, project: Y).

Assume I've already got other tasks that do not necessarily need to wait for Task 1 to be completed to be performed, although they still generally can be completed sequentially (so I don't want to turn Y into a parallel project).
How do you deal with entering Task 2 with minimal effort? Would you sketch out what Task 2 might look like in the notes to task 1 so you can do a quick copy/paste into a new task once 1 is complete? Would you just edit Task 1 at the time of completion to "turn it into" task 2 (possibly fastest, but you lose track of the completed task 1)?
I'm guess in a sense I'm just wondering whether it would be useful to ask for a feature "Complete action and enter Next Action" (possibly pre-populated for project?) maybe akin to Curt's complete and await reply script or if I'm just being overly lazy.

Looking forward to hearing your opinions and advice