View Single Post
I'm fairly new to OmniPlan and I bought it to plan and keep track of a one-man development effort; a bit of overkill perhaps but also a simplest-possible usage scenario.

Many things in OmniPlan work in unexpected ways, but something that baffles me completely is the leveling button..

I have created a baseline schedule for the project and I'm now updating the task completion as I proceed. I'm well ahead of my development schedule and I have completed many tasks that are not yet supposed to even start. I have put those tasks on a completion percentage of 100%.

What I'd expect would happen when I press the leveling button, would be for those tasks to be scheduled in the past (before the current day) and my work schedule to be adjusted to feature only incomplete tasks. I would also expect the project end-date to shift to show me when I can expect to ship the product.

Instead the leveling (with the Don't schedule any tasks before {now} checkbox ticked) puts the completed tasks in my work schedule as if they were 0% completed. In other words, my work schedule is full of gaps where I will not actually be doing anything since the task I'm supposed to working on is already completed?

How can I get OmniPlan to honor the completion level of the tasks when leveling?