View Single Post
I'm not quite sure I understand all of your report.

I dragged the URL for your post from the Address bar in OmniWeb and dropped it on my OmniFocus dock icon. A moment later, the Quick Entry window appeared, with "From OmniFocus - Perspective: Ticklers" (the name of the window on top of my stack) as the task description, selected, and the two URLs (one for the OmniFocus file, one for your post) in the notes field. I simply started typing and my characters replaced the selected text in the task description, no mouse click or keyboard shortcut required. Is that not what happens for you?

The clipping service seems much easier to use for this operation than dragging and dropping. I click on the URL icon in the address bar, click my clipping key combo (set in OF Preferences) and the Quick Entry window appears with the page name as the task description, and the two clickable links both point to the page, though one shows the page title and the other the URL. If I highlight some text on the page before clipping, the highlighted text replaces the second clickable link.

Also, there's a preference for the behavior of <return> in a QuickEntry window. I set it to <return> gets you a new line, <cmd>-S saves and exits, <esc> exits without saving, which allows keyboard-only operation and multiple entries. Even though my "mouse" is always at hand (I primarily use a Macbook), I prefer keyboard operation for the QE window.

None of this is intended to suggest that they shouldn't improve the behavior of drag-and-drop, of course!