View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithcraft View Post
Speaking for myself - regarding your first item, I'd really rather that the browser doesn't start opening tabs on it's own. I prefer to right click and open in a background tab.

I'm not sure I understand your example though. Is the browser opening every link it sees on a page in a new tab?

Otherwise, I do seem to recall a plug in, that opened all the links on a page in new tabs... Don't recall where I saw it, or if it was even for OW....

SC
SC -

I'm sure I am not expressing myself clearly. iRider provide graphical tabs on the left of your window - similar to OW. A key difference is that every page of a site that you visit is a NEW tab - so if you are browsing around bestbuy looking for TVs or cameras, you may end up with 20 tabs open. This is not as bad as it sounds. First, you could close several using the X or a Close Page button on the toolbar. Second, it is actually as ASSET to have these pages open - you NEVER need to go back/back/back/forward/forward/forward to compare 2 products. AND - since you could also have 10 tabs open from circuit city.com, you can very quickly compare products from 2 or more sites. Very handy.

Other features relate to the ability to open several links at once. For one, if your bookmarks contains a subfolder called "Mac tips" with 15 links - you can tell iR to open all 15 links with one click. Then you click up and down the tabs finding what you want.

Also - and I don't use this a lot but it's handy - it has something called surf ahead. - if you google something and there are 5 results you will want to look at, you can right-click on them and each will open in a separate tab and be already loaded when you are ready to look at them. Similarly, if a page has a list of links, you can highlight them and they will open all at once, each in a separate tab.

It seems like I am complaining but quite the opposite. iRider is one of the very few decent Windows programs that does not seem to have a Mac counterpart. OW is the closest I've seen, and I guess I'm asking if some of these features are actually here and I just haven't figured it out yet.

B