View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
OF doesn't decide "at its whim" what to display, but it has very powerful controls for filtering what actions are displayed. It can take a while to understand all the ins-and-outs of how these work.
That may be, but it seems overly complicated. Though as I leverage OF's capabilities in the future, I imagine these capabilities will become more relevant.

Quote:
My guess is that in Project Mode you are showing Remaining actions, but in Context Mode you are showing either Next Actions or Available Actions.
When I first read this I thought "yeah, that's got to be it!" but opening OF and checking, I was disappointed. I was indeed showing all remaining actions [tasks].

Quote:
At the most basic level, the difference is that only the first action in a sequential project is Available, while all actions in a parallel project are Available. (It gets more complicated once you start nesting parallel and sequence groups of actions inside projects.)
Though you can see in the attached screen shots, I don't have sequential and parallel actions [tasks] mixed. But I do have some actions [tasks] that have neither par/seq assigned.

So why can't I see those actions in Context view? Strange.

Quote:
You can turn on the View Bar to verify which sorts of actions are begin shown; choose View --> Show View Bar. The Action Filter lozenge in the middle of the view bar controls which actions are shown.

If I'm guessing incorrectly, please come back with more information. Screen shots of your View Bar settings are very helpful. (Cmd-Shift-4 will activate screen capture.)
Seems there's more to the picture here, so i'm attaching those "pictures" and maybe someone can shed light on what's going on.

thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OF PROJECT.jpg
Views:	517
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	807   Click image for larger version

Name:	OF-contexts.jpg
Views:	539
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	808