View Single Post
First off, glad you guys like the code - next as to the specifc date idea, this is exactly what I did but I used 12/31/99 but the result is the same.

Next, I thought I would post another one I wrote that allows you to push out a range of tasks by one month without affecting the day. This probably seems intuitive but the code is a little different because you want to preserve the day value. Also, this can be easily modified to whichever value you wish - for example 3 months rather than just one.

Lastly, in case you are wondering why I am asking Finder to make the date calculations - this is due to an existing OmniFocus bug where the app will not allow proper date calculations. I have a bug report open with Omni so hopefully they can get it fixed soon but even so, this little workaround seems to be fine.

Enjoy...

Code:
tell application "OmniFocus"
	set taskList to count of the items of the selected tree of the content of document window 1 of document 1
	set taskPtr to 1
	repeat taskList times
		set taskTmp to the value of item taskPtr of the selected tree of the content of document window 1 of document 1
		set dateTarget to start date of taskTmp
		tell application "Finder"
			set month of dateTarget to ((month of dateTarget) + 1)
		end tell
		set start date of taskTmp to dateTarget
		set taskPtr to (taskPtr + 1)
	end repeat
end tell