View Single Post
This should be an interesting thread, Goeff. Thanks for starting it.

Inbox processing currently feels a bit clumsy to me too. One feature request that I've been considering is some way to lock open the Inbox so I can single click folders or projects in the side bar and still see the Inbox. This would make dragging inbox items to nested projects easier. (Currently I work around this by opening two windows, but its clunky.) I've also submitted a feature request for spring-loaded items in the Projects sidebar. Then you could just drag an inbox item over a project or folder and have it pop open in the content pane.

Note that you can do project planning within the OF Inbox. All of the outlining shortcuts from the Structure menu work there.

For handling non-OF inboxes, I actually use QuickEntry to create new items while processing my other inboxes. So my inbox processing is really two passes: a very quick gathering pass where I dump it all (but the 2 minute jobs) into OmniFocus, followed by a processing pass within OmniFocus.

For Someday/Maybe filing I currently use OmniOutliner. I like to keep those items out of the way and only review them on a monthly basis. I've already posted scripts to send the current OF selection to a new OO outline, and vice versa. I'll probably eventually spin another script to send the current selection to a specified OO outline.

Curt