View Single Post
I was thinking an additional "Grouping" option would solve my problem. Currently you can group by Ungrouped, Context, Project, Due, Start, Completed, Added, & Changed.

I would like to see a Grouping option of "Due & Start." Or something like that. In my computer illiterate mind...I could have all the tasks that are either starting or due today at the very top of my task list in the "Due today" section. If this grouping category would also carry over somehow to my mobile version, then when I sync with my iPod touch (and have the Due Soon preference set to 24 hours), the Due Soon view on my mobile OF will show all tasks that I need to work on today...those that are truly due (at least by my work flow) and those I need to start working on today.

So this "problem" would also carry over into my mobile OF...which I use extensively. As a medical student I work LONG days and rarely have my laptop with me. The portable OF is a Godsend. Having both the tasks that need to be started today and those that are due today visible under the "Due Soon" tab would be great.

But this is why I'm asking if there is a way to set a perspective up to accomplish this rather than hard coding a new category. Obviously it would be easier for the OF guys if I could do this by manipulating current features rather than even considering adding another feature.