View Single Post
Yes I am also a relatively simple user at this point. I have around 20 projects, though my context list has started to grow and I even tried a few perspectives.

Like you I'm of the philosophy of learning to use the things your have paid for. I'm amazed (jealous?) at the people who seem to be able to afford to buy 6 similar products and then throw 5 away after finding the one they prefer. I just don't have that kind of personal research budget. :-)

Things for iPhone looked good probably would have done the job, but I had already bought OmniFocus for Mac so I figured I would stick with the one I had paid for and learn how to use it properly, rather than scouring the internet for more alternatives to buy.

Needless to say, the fruit this is bearing is that I am actually using OF to do things instead spending too much time on systems and ways to do things.

Merlin Mann walks a fine line between doing things and doing productivity systems. He seems to get it right personally, but I wonder if all the 43folders.com readers do.