View Single Post
Yeah, I know that design is a highly personal issue, but I'm going to have to disagree with you on this. The interface is streamlined, and while different from the iPhone and Desktop applications, it works. I'm not saying that everything in the iPad app is perfect. It is version 1.0, after all, but given the Omni Group's history, I'm sure they will refine as it goes into the wild and they get more feedback from users.

However, after using it for the past hour and a half, it is a wonderful way to interact with my lists. To me, everything feels like it's the right size. Colors and icons are consistent and easily decipherable. It IS different from the other versions, true, but that's because the iPad is different. I admire the guys at Omni because they realize that success here isn't just a matter of porting their other software to the platform. The more I use the new iPad version, the more I get a sense of the thoughtfulness and craftsmanship that has gone into the software.

I will say that the iPad software isn't the OF-Everything which will make the desktop or iPod versions redundant. Each has their own strengths and feature sets which are appropriate to the device for which they are intended, and while I can understand why that might frustrate some people, it makes perfect sense to me.