View Single Post
1. @ was a common way to identify Contexts vs Tasks or Projects when writing, but in OF there is little need for a typographical indicator.

2. The blue icon is a shoe box for stuffing all those Single Action Project (aka, project-less tasks or single task projects) that don't need to be otherwise organized. My biggest shoe box is the Chores project since the actions and sub-projects are independent and there can be many blue "single" next actions from that one collection.

3. No on the multiple contexts, but tagging is promised and may be used as such. I am hoping to use it for time or condition sensitive tasks (must be light out, a rainy da, M-F, etc).

From the way you describe your work focus, you might be better off using OmniPlan for the work project details and let OF help you keep life's other demands under control. I use OF to manage some work related tasks in detail, but big projects use OmniOutliner. OF reminds me when to get going on a work project and who needs to get back to me about something I'll need. I have a Context to remember that thing I promised last week to take with me on my next run to town. Chores and construction/repair projects for the house, car, and boat keep OF busy enough. There's also the higher level organization to help you have more of a life, and the social bits like following up on old friends.

My favorite idea from DA is (I paraphrase) "that's a nice thought, but why would you want to have it twice?" When I'm driving and think it's time to catch up with a distant friend, that idea becomes a task in @Phone. I don't want to recreate the chores list in my head every Saturday morning, but just do what needs to be done. By Friday afternoon I have a pile of things to do on Monday, but I don't want to worry all weekend about forgetting one.

Dump EVERYTHING into OF, organize it later and then refine that organization every day for a few minutes at review time and once a week with a more lengthy review. Your Contexts will change over time.

Use Perspectives. When it's time to pick away at a work project, that's all I see. Printing chores is a few clicks away from the Perspectives panel. I can focus on quick next actions and squeeze in a few while waiting at the dentist.

I hope you feel better soon. OF would be a great place to keep track of all those things you might be thinking of now and can do when you have the strength later.