View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by intranation View Post
Sorry to latch onto that specific sentence, but in my experience the OmniGroup are very specific in saying that OmniFocus isn't *just* useful for GTD-diehards, but for anyone who likes to be organised. I, for one, am quite organised (largely thanks to OF), but I've never read the original GTD book.

So for the OP, I feel, the "correct way" doesn't have to be GTD-specific.
There's a world of difference between not being a "GTD diehard" and not knowing the basics of GTD. Most OF users are probably not GTD diehards. But to use OF effectively, you must at least know the basics of GTD. That's why the default projects it gives you when you first start up OF involve ordering a copy of the GTD book. OmniFocus could, of course, be shoe-horned into other systems, just as you could use a car for a house, but don't be surprised if you're not pleased with the results, if you're not familiar with how GTD works.

Along the same lines, my basic advice for andreas is to get a copy of the book and read it. It will help you understand how to set up projects like this the right way.