View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
No: only run the fix if sync slows down on the phone, or if you see files on the sync server that are older than the least recent sync you did on one of your devices.
Brian, on my system, it seems there's a delay in the coalescing. After all clients (one iPhone and one Mac) are synced, it seems to take several hours before the transaction files are coalesced. I haven't been able to pinpoint an exact delay, but it seems to regularly happen within 6-12 hours. I see this behavior on both my Mac database and on the sync server.

Because this happens consistently, I had assumed it was normal. But judging from your response above, I'm beginning to wonder if it shouldn't be happening immediately. Can you clarify?

BTW, I threw together a simple Automator app to do an inventory of my local OmniFocus database package. It simply runs "ls" and "du" shell commands on the package contents and writes them to a timestamped file. I run it periodically over a couple days and then compare the files with BBEdit's Find Differences command (although you could diff them any way you like, including by eyeball). Drop the app on Automator to make your own adjustments or just run it by double-clicking.

Download: Inventory OFDB

-Dennis