View Single Post
I have a question regarding adding actions to sequential projects using Quick Entry.

For example, the project already has a number of remaining actions and, in the middle of some other task, you realise that you need to call someone about something related to the project and it is vital you do this before resuming with the project. The only way to add an item as the next action would be to navigate through the folder hierarchy to the project, add the action, then click edit to move it to the top of the list (or add the item directly through Quick Entry then navigate the folder structure to move it to the top). Either was, this is time-consuming and takes your mind away from the stuff you’re currently working on.

Another example; your next action is ‘Waiting for Jim to provide the quote’ and this is in the ‘Waiting For’ Context (naturally), when reviewing this context you decide you need to chase up on this with Jim but you know he is on leave until Thursday. You decide to add ‘Call Jim re progress of quote’ in the ‘Calls’ context, this will be added to the end of the project so you will have to do something about that now. An alternative would be to amend the Waiting for action to the Call action but that is just a workaround.

I know the obvious answer is to dump it in the inbox and deal with it later in a daily review but that’s not really the way I like to work.

How does everyone else deal with this?