View Single Post
Quote:
What I'm using right now are crontab entries that rsync each of my commonly used machines (work desktop, home desktop, laptop) to an always-available server
That's great Ken but not real practical for a lot of us. Don't get me wrong, your team is doing a great job on this. But this is a really, really, really important feature. I rely on GTD to manage my day and having multiple out-of-sync GTD DBs makes me feel like Drew Barrymore in the film "50 First Dates". Its a real inhibitor to using OmniFocus effectively. In fact, if I can't hack some kind of similar solution, I considering stopping using it until you provide this essential feature. I would not have bought Yojimbo if they didn't have this feature--many of us who work have at least a desktop and a laptop and these kinds of tools simply have to be of one mind or their promised productivity is decimated.

The only always-on server I can reach through the port-80-only corporate firewall is my iDrive and people have already reported problems synching with it. Anyone care to share a good SSH-through-VPN-tunnel over port 80 to rsync server solution? Otherwise I need to hack on it myself and it won't be pretty nor quick.

Last edited by digginestdogg; 2008-01-08 at 11:17 AM..