Thread: Contexts?
View Single Post
Somewhat tongue-in-cheek, I notice that the proposed solutions rely on old technology. In the Post PC world Mr. Jobs ushered in, neither the cmd click nor the perspectives solutions proposed are available to those of us who do not rely on the outdated Mac/PC technology

There are many of us who have the iPad or iPhone for OF but do not have a Mac. I suspect that the percentage of iOS OF users will grow as more people recognize that the iPad can replace a significant amount of the work done one PCs.

I'm not sure whether the lack of tags in OF will ever prove to be a hindrance to Omnigroups success, but it is an artificial hindrance to many people's productivity.

I've seen comments which seem to indicate that if one were to refine the use of contexts one wouldn't need tags to create a second context. For some, perhaps tags might be used as a context but it can also be used to collect similar actions where there is a context that is generally more useful

As an example, i have a screening that I have to do in every project that I have. It takes about 5 minutes and is an @office context. But once I've opened the screening tool, the 2nd screening only takes about 30 seconds. Usually because the screening must be done before any other actions the action is a one off. But there are times when I will get several projects at the same time. It would be nice to be able to pull all of those together at the same time and complete them most efficiently.