View Single Post
Welcome to the forums, Jeff!

From what I'd seen working with customers over the years, my biggest piece of advice would be to not try to completely overhaul your workflows all at once. It sounds great as a theory, but folks often forget that learning takes time and effort, especially at the start.

I see a lot of folks get frustrated and overwhelmed at this point. They wanted to be getting more done, but they tackle too much and feel like they're getting less done because they're trying to do too much at once.

Instead, I'd recommend you start by building the Capture habit - get things recorded so you don't have to worry about forgetting it. Gives you some stress release, and should be doable without reducing your overall productivity.

At the beginning, do a one-hour weekly review, organizing your info and marking off stuff you've completed. Then, once you get your feet under you, you can scale up the effort you spend on the "organize" and "do" steps, which is where you'll see the real productivity gains.

It's a bit like starting a new exercise regimen - there are benefits to be had, but you have to start gradually to get to the point where they become apparent.

Hope that helps! If you have more questions, fire away either here or in a new thread; we've got some very helpful folks here, for which I am eternally grateful. :-)