View Single Post
Thanks for the info.
I can indeed see the cost to benefit over time components; however, I'm also concerned about the integration of current versions to 2.0.

For example; I plan on building several projects, if I use the current version these will be stored as separate files. If I then upgrade, will these files be easily imported into 1 DB or will I need to take the time and build all my files again? Judging by my past experiences with Omni, I would think the former, so I'm expecting the upgrade to be mostly painless.

That being said, I'm in too much of a need at the moment for a organizational tool to help with the multitude of events going on. At present, I've tried to use OO as an alternative (without gantt charts it seems limited [I'm more of a visual time-line person]), and have been searching other options, but none seem to hit the mark or have the breath of quality as Omni.

Further, I really want integration with ALL my organizational tools, so that is another plus for Omni (that is if OF, OO, and OP become more interconnected as planned).

So, my envisioned workflow would be as follows:

OF, OO, and OP on my mac's
OF on iPhone - immediate access on the go for all my action items.
OO on iPad - access when on the go for brain dumps and future plans
OP on iPad - access when on the go for actual Plans and Projects currently in progress.

The iPad integration has become such an issue lately, and I see it for times when I'm out and have time to formulate ideas and check on progress. I don't feel the iPhone is appropriate for this due to size issues, and since getting the iPad, I have been leaving my Macbook at home/office more and more.