View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle
How do you use your inbox? An inbox in a software application can be very different from a physical inbox. Do you always want it visible?
My inbox is my collection bin for loose ideas, tasks, notes and everything else I want out of my head and don't want to think about any further at the moment I write them down. It's vital for me - it actually is my virtual memory. Quicksilver is crucial, here. At least for me. I want to visit the Inbox only a few times a day, mainly morning and evening, to process the stuff that's there.

Quote:
If you mark an item in your inbox as complete and it has no project assigned, should it get filed away in a group of completed items with no project assigned? Is this something you would see yourself doing a lot?
Yes - sometimes at the end of the day some issues have vanished. Things that I regard as ASAP without project are also in my inbox and stay there. I hate programmes that force me through sheets in order to process an item. Keep it as simple as possible, is what I prefer.

Quote:
Once you assign a project to an inbox item, should it immediately move out of the inbox or should it stay there until you move it manually? Maybe something like a process inbox command?
I like how OOpro+kGTD does it now: upon synch, it moves into the projects. If "process inbox" means "file files from the inbox into their project categories and synch all the rest" - fine by me. I wouldn't like different commands for processing the inbox, and different commands for synching or "refreshing" and then a different command for synching. What could be handy: disconnecting synch from iCal sync. I have a calender widget, and hardly use iCal.

Quote:
When entering items using QuickSilver or our Quick Entry dialog, do you expect all items to go into the inbox or should items with a project assigned bypass the inbox and go straight into the project?
I'd like the item to behave the way I want it to behave - if I set it for a specific context or project, then it should go there. I'm perfectly capable of reviewing my projects outside of the inbox and detailing them further inside the project view/pane - no problem. I don't want to live in the Inbox though: Projects are ever so much more important. The inbox is a temporary storage for almost everything that needs processing; things that are clearly connected to projects - let them go to the project in one fell swoop and I'll deal with them there.

Thanks for reading!