View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle
How do you use your inbox? An inbox in a software application can be very different from a physical inbox. Do you always want it visible?
I place everything there. Ideas. Clippings. Unprocessed information. Plans. It’s a big repository for gathering everything.
I’m actually starting to use my Desktop like that. Everything that is on my Desktop needs to be processed. Ideally my Desktop will be clean and empty at the end of the day, or at least at the beginning of each week :)

I don’t want it to always be visible. In fact, I don’t want to look at it that much. In terms of Omni Focus it may be nice to have a very small indicator just leeting me know whether I have 5 items or 50 in my Inbox.

Quote:
If you mark an item in your inbox as complete and it has no project assigned, should it get filed away in a group of completed items with no project assigned? Is this something you would see yourself doing a lot?
Yes. That works for me. Perhaps I would like to place a note or something for reference. Could we add notes to multiple items at once?

Quote:
Once you assign a project to an inbox item, should it immediately move out of the inbox or should it stay there until you move it manually? Maybe something like a process inbox command?
A Process Inbox would work for me. I’m thinking that I could assign an item to a project, and perhaps after looking at other items or due to a mistake I decide that it was not the appropriate project. For me it will be better to assign projects (and perhaps other options such as context, energy level, time, etc.), and then process the Inbox.

Quote:
When entering items using QuickSilver or our Quick Entry dialog, do you expect all items to go into the inbox or should items with a project assigned bypass the inbox and go straight into the project?
I think that I would like to have the discipline of using the Inbox. I don’t use QS, though.

Quote:
Thanks for your feedback!!

Michelle
The Omni Group
And remember that you can always change the paradigm. What will make me a safer driver? Having an airbag deployed when I crash, or having a sword pop up instead of an airbag? :D
If I don’t get my Inbox empty every day, all remaining items should be permanently deleted without any option to recover them. That would really force me to have more discipline (Just kidding, but keep it in mind for next April Fool’s :D )