View Single Post
i, too, have been wanting this. in fact, i just noticed my previous post was exactly 3 months ago today. clearly this isn't a priority for the omnifolks, though i can't imagine it being more difficult than a preference setting in the forum software.

anyway, in lieu of a built-in solution, i've created a workaround:

a smart folder in my newsreader that sifts out the non-omnifocus posts. (i use vienna, but other newsreaders should have similar functionality.) i took a screenshot of my smart folder's setup, which i will attempt to attach, here. i hope this forum accepts attachments.)

before reading my OF posts, i go to my "omniothers" smart folder, select all, then delete. then i go to my normal, freshly pruned OF folder to read the OF posts.

note: i created this smart folder by having it capture posts containing the names of the feeds i don't want to read. however, be aware that if any post happens to contain the text "omnifocus" *and* the text "forums feedback" (for example), then that post will be captured by the smart folder (and therefore marked for your deletion).

i could have included a "text does not include omnifocus" line, but then i would have had to use the "articles that match all" option, instead of "any," and i would have had to create a separate smart folder for each unwanted topic. so i went with the quickest solution.

naturally, you can customize it to meet your own needs, but this can serve as a starting point.

-m
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 2.jpg
Views:	665
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	294