Thread: Ow 5.6
View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormchild
Still getting crashes here and there too, though thankfully not that many lately. I wish Omni would get rid of that stupid crash catcher; it just adds another 15-20 seconds of delay and frustration when it could simply die and let me launch it again. I'm getting really sick of seeing that idiotic nonsense about the "hee-whackity" everytime that happens too.
The best way to reduce how often you see CrashCatcher is to send us those crash reports, with detailed steps of what you were doing right before the crash occured.

CrashCatcher is a powerful tool for us to find out about the crashes users are experiencing. If Omni apps just died, without giving users an opportunity to tell us about the crash, there'd be a lot more crashes still in the apps. So you might spend 3 seconds relaunching instead of 20 seconds. But if OW crashes more often, you'll be spending that 3 seconds over and over and over again.

Sure, we could choose more professional text for the CrashCatcher, but then I, for one, would feel one step closer to the big, drab, boring mega-corporations. For some people, the nonsense text helps diffuse the frustration.

If you want to change that text, there's a text file you can edit: OmniWeb.app/Contents/Resources/OmniGroupCrashCatcher.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/Localizable.strings