View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
At the price charged, I expect the UI design to be tailored for the device on which the software runs. ... I certainly wouldn't want to be forced to use a crippled UI on my iPad for consistency with a small screen device I didn't own!
Whpalmer Johnson (Blazing Saddles) is right

I think it's a massive credit to Omni's developers that rather than just recoding what's on the Mac or iPhone, they've gone back to first principles and tried to make the most of the iPad's screen.

At first, the right justification on tasks jarred a little with me, but I'll be honest I don't even notice it now, what I would notice is if I got to the 4th level of indentations and was getting 15 characters on an action title, and it wouldn't surprise me if some people using it had more levels than myself.

We must also remember that while OF for iPad is an expensive app, it's no beta version. the first version which when released was pretty solid and Omni are listening to see how it was received.

Omni are a rare company which is well run and listens to people and (where it fits their own ideals) will move with what the majority want to provide a better product. Omni listen to customers and provide an excellent level of support, this is what you're paying for in the end. if you buy an app for 20% of the price, are you going to get the same level of customer support? I doubt it.

If you don't like the product, claim your 30 day refund, but don't for a minute think that Omni have just 'missed' this or badly designed the UI, I have no doubt that there was a lot of thought put into it.

Last edited by GeoffAirey; 2011-01-13 at 12:33 AM..