View Single Post
Hello folks,

I am also an aspiring screenwriter and I came across an app that I think is a contender to become the killer app in regard to any type of authoring software.

It is called "Scrivener" and it is available for a free 30-day trial download and then the app is like $30 after that.

It just hit v1.01 - I know it sounds new - but I have been using it to develop my outlines and scene cards and it is a breeze. It completely kills the status quo (Final Draft and Movie Magic) and it makes the process of moving from outline to scene cards to authoring really nice and easy. And anyone who has been to or worked with Robert McKee will know that "writing from the inside out" is the only "proper way" to write good scripts. While that may or may not be true, whatever your writing technique, this app has a lot of promise.

It does need some more work in terms of templates and being able to build custom formats but I am sure that will come in time - especially if the user community grows.

One last thing, this app was developed by a writer who spent several years trying, like all of us, to get the existing apps to do what we wanted and after seeing what everyone wanted, he pulled the trigger and developed his own.

Download and have fun - oh, and HAPPY WRITING!!!

http://www.literatureandlatte.com