Thread: Cocoa Gestures
View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kballard
I highly recommend using a gestures app called xGestures. I used to use Cocoa Gestures, but it just wasn't good enough, plus it only worked in Cocoa apps. Once I switched to xGestures I've been a happy camper. My coworker made the switch shortly after me and he's never looked back either.
This is veering a bit off topic, but I switched to xGestures recently, too. Part of the reason for the switch is I have an Intel machine now, and CocoaGestures is PPC-only. But it's also because CocoaGestures hasn't been updated in nearly three years, and I don't expect this to change.

xGestures is well supported. The developer will even send you custom builds to try and track down why something isn't working - the Wacom tablet support in the later builds is at least in part because I kept bugging him to fix the issue. :)

I can sympathize with the CocoaGestures developer, though - they created CocoaGestures and gave it away for free, and I doubt they had big sales of the CocoaSuite to make up for the effort. But I've asked him many times to open source the code if he no longer wants to support it, with no luck... so I guess that's the way it's going to be.