View Single Post
First of all, thanks very much for the fast and helpful response!

My original post was prompted by an article on an ADD forum about organizing programs for people with ADD: the main thrust was that you needed something that is *simple*, in order not to get caught up in the mechanics, which I confess I do with OF.

I've already done most of what you suggest, and unlike the poster in the thread you sent me to, visually I have no problems with OF. I have tweaked it to my satisfaction, so that it's pleasant to look at, and I can find my information quickly and clearly.

I think the problem is more a conceptual one. I certainly agree with the poster over at the Davidco forums--a post which I had just read yesterday, in fact--that GTD is perfect for ADDers, or at least for this one. The idea of achieving clarity by breaking things down both by project and by context works well for me, particularly the granularity of the actions. Where I have difficult is with the start date/due date and prioritizing aspects of it. I invariably wind up with 27 actions starting on the same date and then get discouraged :)

The best solution for me at the moment seems to be a daily review in which I flag the things I need/want to do today, but I know things are slipping through the cracks. Maybe I just need to review more often?

Any simpler approaches to OF which you can think of would really help. Thanks for listening :)