View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Wait, I'm confused.... why wouldn't you take the Mac to the party? What sort of twisted people do you hang out with? :-D
lol. Recently i've taken out my Macbook in between at moments when nothing is going on. Say during a moment before we go out to a party and i'm at my friends house or after the party. I hate that when just anyone sees my computer thet have something interesting to show me online.

I remember being like this, saving funny or cool videos I found on YouTube, or any interesting article or w/e...but aside from it taking up time, I feel like i'm surrendering my Macbook to someone I may or may not know to waste away my battery to show me something that may or may not be good.

i've been in situations where someone will have their computer nearby and in the past would do the same thing, years ago. Now whenever a computer is present (almost daily now) I hint at people that we're here to hang out, not to get rick rolled or watch a cat on a keyboard.

Quote:
OmniFocus preserves the state of notes display, so your notes should be just as you left them when you start it up again. Put your toys away the way you want to find them :-)
I've just tested this and it works under "Projects" view, but it doesn't work under any perspectives. With Projects view it works when switching back and forth with no problem, and even if I close the app and open it back up notes are still displayed under the Projects view....But under my perspectives if I set the note view and go away to my inbox or something and return to the same perspective the notes view goes away.

Quote:
It's a nice tool, and I wouldn't want to give it up, but there are still a lot of things that are nicer on the Mac. No perspectives, no ability to group by start date, no review function, no control over sorting, hard to get much more than a peephole view. I find it is fine for executing tasks, and a bit of a chore for planning projects and processing the Inbox, especially if you have a large quantity of actions/projects. Some of that will undoubtedly improve with subsequent releases, but some of it is like working on a big 1960's era car vs. a modern compact -- you have a lot more room to move around, and it's easier to see what you're doing!
I didn't know perspectives weren't available on the app. How do you get around this? I have an "available" view on my Mac OF, what's something similar that would be possible on the iTouch app?