View Single Post
It's working here, but there's one interesting thing I've noticed that isn't necessarily documented...

OmniFocus for iPhone seems to give priority to a reminders list named "OmniFocus" so if you have created a reminders list with that name already, only this list will be used, regardless of whatever you have your default list set to. So if you create your reminders in the default "Reminders" list, they won't get sucked into OmniFocus if you also have a list named "OmniFocus." Note that you have to set your default reminders list and not your default calendar -- it's a different setting further down under the Mail, Contacts, Calendars section.

For me that's a good thing, as I prefer to still use the Reminders app for quick one-off alarm-style reminders that really don't need to go into OF. So I leave my default list as "Reminders" and OmniFocus happily ignores this since I also have an "OmniFocus" list. When I want to add something to my OF inbox, I can simply say to Siri "Add Task to OmniFocus" and it will add it to the "OmniFocus" list which will then by synced to the OF app the next time it starts up.

The only downside is that I can't use this to set due dates as there doesn't appear to be a way to use the secondary list phrasing along with a reminder date/time. However, in my case that's not a big deal as I'm mostly just concerned with quickly getting things into the OF inbox for further processing.

As an aside, it would be cool in a future version if OF could be configured to support multiple lists and perhaps assign them to projects/contexts. For example, I was (and still am) using a modification to the Applescript posted earlier in this thread that takes tasks from the "Grocery List" Reminders list and assigns them to the appropriate project and context in OF for my grocery list. This way I can say things like "Add Milk to Grocery List" to Siri and it will end up in my normal shopping list and appear when I get to the grocery store.

Last edited by jdh; 2011-11-18 at 03:25 PM..