View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
One use case for Perspective URLs would be creating review checklists in OmniOutliner. I could include Perspective URLs in OO that would switch OF to the appropriate perspective. For example, my Morning Review includes looking at three different perspectives: Active Project Review, Urgent Actions, and Important Actions.
I agree that this is a great use case. I'd love to see URLs available for Perspectives. I like the concept of URLs as permalinks, and one of the key concepts to REST (REpresentational State Transfer) is that when I access a URL, I'm given some kind of representation of the state of the resource at the time I accessed it. In the context of a permalink, I can then use the URL as a stand-in for that particular state. So if I can setup a Perspective in OF to represent a particular view of the state of my data, then being able to reference that view is really handy. I can leave a link to my favorite perspectives on a personal wiki, in a note in a document I'm reviewing, or wherever.

Linking to both data and state is really useful feature for tight integration with any number of other systems.