View Single Post
I like the send-to-omnifocus@omnigroup.com feature, but I have had some issues with our corporate email system mangling the links. Something to do with the encoding apparently.

I work in a windows and novell groupwise environment (I know who uses this?) at work and have been running OF on my iPad, which is now finally supported on groupwise. I normally have OF and apple mail running on my iMac at home, with the Clip-o-tronic mail script running, so when I have a task in an email at the office, I mail it to my omnifocus address, it gets delivered to the inbox on apple mail, and then scripted into OF. That then gets synced into OF on my iPad. I know, a bit kludgey, but it works...most of the time. It doesn't work when the computer gets shut down after a restart, or I get logged off by my wife who shares the computer!

I've recently switched over to the Omni Sync Server, which is great and would like to switch completely over to the send-to-omnifocus@omnigroup.com completely as well. The other issue I have with it is the fact that each task has to be mailed separately , whereas when I use the apple mail method, I can put multiple tasks with details in a single mail.

So, after all this rambling, my question is: Are there any plans to replicate the functionality of the clip-o-tron to the send-to-omnifocus@omnigroup.com method? This would be an excellent feature to OF, and short of creating the OF web-based service/client, my number one request.

Thanks and keep up the great work.