View Single Post
Hello, new Omnifocus user here.

Assume the following situation: I am team leader, working on a new car design. Therefore I need input from all my team members (e.g. safety engineer, interior design, market research etc.). I usually send those requests per email, a lot of them every day.

How do I keep track of that in OmniFocus? So far, I'm using my mail program for that:

Let's say I need to know if red cars will still be bought in 10 years. So I send an email to market research and drag my sent email into a folder called 'await reply'. That reminds me of two things, that I did already send it and that the reply is outstanding.

If I want to transfer this to omnifocus:

1) I write the email
2) I need to create a task in omnifocus 'write email to market research'
3) I mark as completed (as I already did that)
4) and create another task 'Follow up with market research' (start date in 1 week)

That is great since the follow up task will show up in my task list at the time I have to follow up. However, the system has two flaws: steps 2+3 are redundant, because I did already send the email. And my task list will explode with follow ups.

How do you handle email follow up on emails with Omnifocus? There must be a more elegant way.

Thanks,

Alex