View Single Post
I have two suggestions for your situation. First, you write that you "want want to be able to view my tasks, whether single action OR project items, in one view, such as "Business #1"." You could do that very easily by creating a folder in the sidebar titled "Business #1" and organize all of your projects and single actions related to that business within it. Then, you could just focus on that folder and create views or perspectives of just "Business #1" as you need or desire.

Second, you need to decide which partner you are in your marriage. (Just kidding!!) First you say that you have a role as husband, and then you want to assign this task to the role of "Wife!" Assuming that you are really the "Husband," then "Wife" is not a role (of yours) but a context of the type referred to in GTD as a People/Person Agenda. As whpalmer wrote, a context is a constraint. You need your wife to be present to have the discussion you want, so her presence is a constraint and, therefore, a context. I use a context called "People Agendas" and have several sub-contexts within it labeled with the names of the people I may need to be in contact with to discuss something.

So I suggest that you assign the context "Wife" to this task that is within the folder "Business #1" and have both of your conditions satisfied.