View Single Post
Quote:
Also on the mobile front,Appcelerator Titanium is not currently in violation of Apple's TOS.
Be careful. For the developers of Titanium to say "It’s our belief that we are fully in compliance with iPhone OS 4.0 ToS as we interpret them" does not make Titanium an approved development environment for the iPhone. The developers are simply saying that they hope their environment is ok, not that Apple specifically recognizes or approves it.

Apple might be approving apps built with Titanium now, but that could stop tomorrow if Apple discovers how the apps were developed (and cares). Then what do you do? How would you deal with Apple pulling the plug on Titanium-developed apps? Reading through all the comments, there seems to be many with the same concerns, and a few of those comments suggest that some developers aren't willing to bet their future on such a risk.

I hope this works out for you. I really do. But I don't feel like putting my faith in a product that is developed, as I see it, outside the bounds of Apple's ToS. Just too risky considering how much I would want to rely on the software.