View Single Post
A customer pointed out in their support mail that there's a fair amount of discussion of using MailTags with OmniFocus, and the MailTags site has a 'Works Great With OmniFocus!' graphic on it, but there's very little information to actually get someone started, or to communicate why you'd want to use them together. This seems like something we should probably remedy.

Now, I must confess I don't actually use MailTags, so I can't go into a much detail, but I bet there are folks on the forum that can. Many of the items in this post were cribbed from various posts on the forum. Special thanks to Curt Clifton and Rob Lewis. ;-)

Here is what I do know:
  • MailTags costs $29.95, and is available at http://www.indev.ca/MailTags.html
  • One of the main benefits of MailTags is the fact that it adds support for 'message:' URLs that, when clicked, take you to that specific message in Mail.app. (Apple added a similar feature to Mail in 10.5, but for folks running 10.4, this is quite handy.)
  • MailTags adds a tagging panel to incoming and outgoing messages. You can assign a Project, Keywords, Priority, Due Date, etc. It integrates with iCal, and supports both AppleScript and SpotLight.
  • With MailTags installed, using our Mail-Clip-O-Tron will add a link to the sender and back to the mail message to the note field of the action we create for you. If you've used MailTags to flag the message, to set a due date, or assign a project to the message, that information will be added to the appropriate fields in OmniFocus. (Note that we'll assign projects that already exist in your OF database, but we won't create a new project; we didn't want to clutter the database up.)

Take it from here, forum-folks!

Last edited by Brian; 2008-03-18 at 01:58 PM..