View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT View Post
If a drawer is opening on the wrong side it is happening for one of two possible reasons:

1. The window is located to close to the 'wrong' edge of the screen in which case there isn't enough space for the drawer to occupy if it opens in that direction, or
This is not correct. If the window is located too close to the "wrong" edge of the screen, the window will be moved the required distance so that the drawer can open on the side that you have set. Closing the drawer will move the window back again.

At least, that's what it does on my machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT View Post
2. The side it opens on has been saved by your snapshot in your Workspace.
Whilst this is true, there does seem to be a bug in that even if your workspace snapshot hasn't saved the drawer opening on the "wrong" side, you can still sometimes get the drawer on the wrong side.

On my machine, if you close all open windows, quit OmniWeb and then relaunch OmniWeb, the first new window that you create will have the drawer open on the wrong side. But only sometimes. There must be some other requirement to trigger the bug but I've never been able to figure out what it is. Close that window and open a new one, and the drawer is back to the correct side.

The bug has been in OmniWeb from the very beginning of version 5.

Last edited by Mr. H; 2008-05-15 at 02:40 PM..