View Single Post
That's a more useful set of view bar settings that I was using, so thank you. But it still includes actions that are unavailable for reasons other than a future start date.

Here's the usage scenario I'd like that will explain why I'd like the list restricted to truly available. I would like to be able at a weekly review to flag the projects of importance for the coming week, and then have the implicit flags of their actions make them show up in Due or Flagged. Due or Flagged has great potential as a list to work from because it captures both urgent and important tasks; but the inclusion of unavailable tasks makes it quite a bit less usable as a work-from list.

I recognize that the "Due Soon" filter shows unavailable tasks, and I confess to being inconsistent here: I actually appreciate that unavailable but soon-due tasks don't get hidden when I review under this filter. But in my use, I'd prefer the "flagged" part of "due or flagged" to be more selective.

In the meantime I have taken to flagging handfuls of next actions rather than entire projects at the weekly review.