View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggirton View Post
It makes me wonder if there is something wrong with someone's brain. "Do you want the ability to edit your outline on the iPhone?" Helloo_oo! Of course?

The little "Things" app is very nice and (after some growing pains) syncs very nicely, but it is not an outliner.

I can't second guess people who use columns; at the moment it isn't something I have explored.

Thanks for the opportunity to share my thoughts on your questions.
Editing? No kidding! What's the point if you can't edit on the fly. Without editing, I'd stick with paper lists.

Shockingly, OmniFocus offers extremely limited editing with the iPhone version. I can create or edit the content of an item, but can't move items to where I want them! OF's syncing is kludgy and not very intuitive. It should be a painless setup and direct via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. For OF's $100 Mac/iPhone entry fee, I expected A LOT MORE!

The Hit List actually found a nice mid-point between Things and OF. Unfortunately, there's no iPhone version and not hint or promise of a definite release date.

Columns would be nice. They'd actually be quite useful. I keep lists with catalogue numbers, dimensions, colors, etc. and they would be a great option.