View Single Post
I have found the core problem with school obligations to be most apps do NOT remind you about missed assignments, or only give a single push reminder. I am a procrastinator just starting GTD, and need the "past due" ability to stay on top of things.

I test-drove OmniFocus yesterday (on a pal's iPad) and have decided to get it, however in addition to my coursework I am a business consultant and do volunteering and shadowing. Unless you have a similar number of commitments/similar missed assignment issue to juggle, a less elaborate program would be better.

Before I was convinced to go for OmniFocus I was debating between Pocket Informant HD (shows overdue) and iHomework (couldn't tell if it shows overdue, but does have repeating assignments). However, I do not recommend iStudiez Pro, because it is more of a "when do i have class" app, and the "view all assignments" button opens a small sidebar, instead of its own view, limiting effectiveness. Of course, if you're good about doing assignments when you mark them due and only need one push reminder, then iStudiez Pro would be perfect for you. :)