View Single Post
Perhaps you previously had your folder marked as dropped? Only projects and single-action lists can be put on hold. And it's been that way for as long as I can remember (going back at least to the 1.0 beta days in the fall of 2007).

To handle someday/maybe items, I leave my projects in their original folders and put the projects themselves on hold. For single actions, I have an "on hold" single-action list for each of my top-level folders and a few sprinkled in sub-folders. I then have a perspective set up that shows only "on hold" items so I can easily review all my someday/maybe items. Because all the projects are in their original folders rather than a dropped folder, I can view all the enclosed items in the same structure I've got set up for my active items. This has been working pretty well for me for almost a year.

Hope this helps.

-Dennis

PS - I remember the thread Curt mentioned above. I would still prefer some broader terminology like "active" and "inactive." I think the current term "dropped" is too specific and doesn't accurately cover the broad variety of uses needed for these kinds of folders.

For example, I have a dropped folder containing several projects I use as templates. But these items are not really "dropped." It's not like I've decided not to do them or that they've been discarded or something. They would be more accurately described as "inactive." And that same term could still be used to describe folders that truly are dropped (i.e.a collection of discarded projects that are no longer needed).

Last edited by Toadling; 2008-11-25 at 06:30 PM..